Top 10 Reasons To Sell During The Holidays
- Fewer homes on the market = Less Competition– Many home sellers like to wait until the “hot” selling season to put their home on the market. In Asheville, like most places, the big selling season is in early spring. But why not get a jump on the competition? When housing inventory is low, buyers will appreciate a home that is competitively priced and in tip-top showing condition.
- Holiday buyers are serious buyers! You will waste less time showing your home to unqualified buyers, because buyers who look during the Holidays are serious about buying!
- Most people, including buyers, are happier during this time of year. Happy home buyers who need to move are attracted to homes that are warmly decorated and inviting.
- Holiday decorations will increase curb appeal. Many Asheville neighborhoods decorate and light up their entrances and their homes during the holidays.
- Your home may look its best during this time of the year. The Holiday smells & decorations of your home might invoke warm fuzzy feelings for a potential buyer.
- Some buyers may prefer to buy for tax reasons before the year ends!
- More time off to look at homes! Home buyers may be able to take a little more time off during the holidays to look at homes.
- Become a non-contingent buyer! If you sell your home during the holidays, you will be a non-contingent buyer – when it comes time to buy your next home! Few things hurt a home buyer’s bargaining power more than being a contingent buyer – meaning you must sell your current home in order to buy your next home.
- You are in control! If you are worried about selling during the holidays because you don’t want to move out of your house before the Holidays are over, you don’t have to. You are in control! If you don’t like the terms of an offer, you don’t have to sell your home. Or, even better, you might be able to work out a rental situation so you don’t have to move until after the Holidays.
- Realtors® at DixonPacifica Real Estate are working during the holidays! We are WORKING during the holidays. Many buyers and sellers are purchasing during this time of year, so we make ourselves available.
Asheville Area Land Stats
Land sales data through March 1, 2014.
Henderson County Market Stats
In 2013, Henderson county saw an average of 6% gains in home value, which is one of the strongest in the area. The strong sales led to a reduction in supply creating a 20% increase in monthly home sales. Overall, 2014 should be good but maybe not as strong as 2013.
Henderson County Market Stats
July 9, 2013
All market data taken from WNCRMLS.
Henderson County Housing Data
June 12, 2013
All data taken from MLS.
Located west of Hendersonville is the Town of Laurel Park which rises to an elevation of 2,000 feet. Laurel Park was incorporated in 1925. Laurel Park is a premier residential, retirement and vacation area featuring spectacular views of the mountains and valleys below.
One of the most popular attractions is Jump Off Rock, a scenic overlook at the end of Laurel Park that offers a panoramic view of the Blue Ridge Mountains and Pisgah National Forest. Jump Off Rock is named for a 300 year old Cherokee legend that when a young maiden heard that her lover had been killed in battle, she jumped off the cliff.
With a population of over 2200, the vision of the town is to preserve and enhance its unique quality of like making it the residential and small business community of choice in Western North Carolina.
PRICE- Search for Properties