Top 10 Reasons To Sell During The Holidays
- Fewer homes on the market = Less Competition– Many home sellers like to wait until the “hot” selling season to put their home on the market. In Asheville, like most places, the big selling season is in early spring. But why not get a jump on the competition? When housing inventory is low, buyers will appreciate a home that is competitively priced and in tip-top showing condition.
- Holiday buyers are serious buyers! You will waste less time showing your home to unqualified buyers, because buyers who look during the Holidays are serious about buying!
- Most people, including buyers, are happier during this time of year. Happy home buyers who need to move are attracted to homes that are warmly decorated and inviting.
- Holiday decorations will increase curb appeal. Many Asheville neighborhoods decorate and light up their entrances and their homes during the holidays.
- Your home may look its best during this time of the year. The Holiday smells & decorations of your home might invoke warm fuzzy feelings for a potential buyer.
- Some buyers may prefer to buy for tax reasons before the year ends!
- More time off to look at homes! Home buyers may be able to take a little more time off during the holidays to look at homes.
- Become a non-contingent buyer! If you sell your home during the holidays, you will be a non-contingent buyer – when it comes time to buy your next home! Few things hurt a home buyer’s bargaining power more than being a contingent buyer – meaning you must sell your current home in order to buy your next home.
- You are in control! If you are worried about selling during the holidays because you don’t want to move out of your house before the Holidays are over, you don’t have to. You are in control! If you don’t like the terms of an offer, you don’t have to sell your home. Or, even better, you might be able to work out a rental situation so you don’t have to move until after the Holidays.
- Realtors® at DixonPacifica Real Estate are working during the holidays! We are WORKING during the holidays. Many buyers and sellers are purchasing during this time of year, so we make ourselves available.
Asheville/Buncombe County Market Update
As you can see below, Price ranges up to $300,000 are at or near market balance between buyers and sellers! It has been a while since we have said that. You will also notice that home values have been improving over the last year with a 12% improvement in Buncombe County and a 3.4% improvement region wide. We should continue to see a modest improvement over the next 12 months being led by Buncombe County.
How Vibrant Will the Fall Color Forecast Be?
The Asheville area fall leaf season attracts visitors from all over the world. Within 50 miles of Asheville our elevation change ranges from 1500ft to over 6600 ft at Mount Mitchell. This makes for one of the longest leaf seasons in the country. Marek Rzonca with The Foliage Network, which tracks foliage in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast and the upper Midwest, agrees that when it comes to foliage forecasting it’s all about the future, not the past. Which means we still have a great chance at a vibrant leaf season. According to Kathy Matthews, associate professor of botany with Western Carolina University. “If it’s sunny and dry with temperatures falling, then that portends a brilliant fall color season.”
Click here for a breakdown of the peak viewing season.
Photo by: Howie Neufeld, Ph.D. Professor of Plant Physiology Appalachian State University
The community of Fairview is located about 6-11 miles southeast of downtown Asheville via US 74A. Fairview is located halfway between Asheville and Chimney Rock. An estimated 3000 people live within Fairview’s boundaries.
Settled in the late 18th century, Fairview was called Cane Creek until the early 1800s. Cane Creek Baptist Church was established in 1806 and is one of the oldest churches in Buncombe County.
Fairview is the site of plenty of new development, offering large lots and community amenities. Cane Creek Pool in Fairview includes a pool, soccer fields, picnic sheds and concessions.
In addition to the newer communities Fairview has lots of open land with ample opportunities for privacy.
Click here to see homes in Fairview.
Visit www.fairviewnc.com to learn more about Fairview.
PRICE- Search for Properties