Top 10 Reasons To Sell During The Holidays
- Fewer homes on the market = Less Competition– Many home sellers like to wait until the “hot” selling season to put their home on the market. In Asheville, like most places, the big selling season is in early spring. But why not get a jump on the competition? When housing inventory is low, buyers will appreciate a home that is competitively priced and in tip-top showing condition.
- Holiday buyers are serious buyers! You will waste less time showing your home to unqualified buyers, because buyers who look during the Holidays are serious about buying!
- Most people, including buyers, are happier during this time of year. Happy home buyers who need to move are attracted to homes that are warmly decorated and inviting.
- Holiday decorations will increase curb appeal. Many Asheville neighborhoods decorate and light up their entrances and their homes during the holidays.
- Your home may look its best during this time of the year. The Holiday smells & decorations of your home might invoke warm fuzzy feelings for a potential buyer.
- Some buyers may prefer to buy for tax reasons before the year ends!
- More time off to look at homes! Home buyers may be able to take a little more time off during the holidays to look at homes.
- Become a non-contingent buyer! If you sell your home during the holidays, you will be a non-contingent buyer – when it comes time to buy your next home! Few things hurt a home buyer’s bargaining power more than being a contingent buyer – meaning you must sell your current home in order to buy your next home.
- You are in control! If you are worried about selling during the holidays because you don’t want to move out of your house before the Holidays are over, you don’t have to. You are in control! If you don’t like the terms of an offer, you don’t have to sell your home. Or, even better, you might be able to work out a rental situation so you don’t have to move until after the Holidays.
- Realtors® at DixonPacifica Real Estate are working during the holidays! We are WORKING during the holidays. Many buyers and sellers are purchasing during this time of year, so we make ourselves available.
Waynesville & Haywood County Market Data
Market data through March 1, 2014.
Haywood County Market Stats
There is a slow and steady recovering happening in Haywood County and should continue through 2014. There has been about a 12% reduction in inventory compared to 2012 as well as an increase in overall sales pace through 2013.
Haywood County Market Update
Haywood County is suffering from high inventory, which is keeping the buyers market strong. Around 70% of sales are under $200,000 which is reducing the inventory below $200k.
Haywood County Market Stats
July 9, 2013
All info taken from WNCRMLS.
Haywood County Housing Data
June 11, 2013
Haywood County real estate numbers through May 31, 2013.
Canton is nestled among five hills along the banks of the Pigeon River in the mountains of Western North Carolina. Our moderate climate with four distinct seasons makes Canton one of the nicest places to live anywhere. Canton is near major highways and within easy driving distance of the regional airport. Canton’s beautiful residential communities lie along tree-lined streets in this quaint town.
Canton is the home of Blue Ridge Papers, Incorporated, Haywood County’s largest industry. The mill produces paper and allied products. Two industrial parks have been developed just north of Canton.
Canton has a recreation program as part of its services to its citizens and guests. The Recreation Park has a large, modern swimming pool, playground, picnic tables, lighted tennis courts, and ball fields adjacent to the park. Activities include “Pickin in the Park” during the summer months, a walking trail surrounding the park area; an annual Labor Day celebration, a festival of lights during the Christmas holiday season, and the annual lighted night Christmas parade.
Canton is within easy access of several fine golf courses. Hiking and nature trails and superior trout and bass fishing are a part of the nearby National Forest. Nearby are the nation’s two most visited national parks; Great Smoky Mountains National Park and Blue Ridge Parkway. Located near Canton at Maggie Valley are the Cataloochee Ski Slopes with facilities for all classes of skiers. Camping and outdoor living are at their best in the forests and campgrounds in Haywood County. There are many public and private campgrounds for the outdoorsman. It is also where my wife is from!
PRICE- Search for Properties