Top 10 Reasons To Sell During The Holidays
- Fewer homes on the market = Less Competition– Many home sellers like to wait until the “hot” selling season to put their home on the market. In Asheville, like most places, the big selling season is in early spring. But why not get a jump on the competition? When housing inventory is low, buyers will appreciate a home that is competitively priced and in tip-top showing condition.
- Holiday buyers are serious buyers! You will waste less time showing your home to unqualified buyers, because buyers who look during the Holidays are serious about buying!
- Most people, including buyers, are happier during this time of year. Happy home buyers who need to move are attracted to homes that are warmly decorated and inviting.
- Holiday decorations will increase curb appeal. Many Asheville neighborhoods decorate and light up their entrances and their homes during the holidays.
- Your home may look its best during this time of the year. The Holiday smells & decorations of your home might invoke warm fuzzy feelings for a potential buyer.
- Some buyers may prefer to buy for tax reasons before the year ends!
- More time off to look at homes! Home buyers may be able to take a little more time off during the holidays to look at homes.
- Become a non-contingent buyer! If you sell your home during the holidays, you will be a non-contingent buyer – when it comes time to buy your next home! Few things hurt a home buyer’s bargaining power more than being a contingent buyer – meaning you must sell your current home in order to buy your next home.
- You are in control! If you are worried about selling during the holidays because you don’t want to move out of your house before the Holidays are over, you don’t have to. You are in control! If you don’t like the terms of an offer, you don’t have to sell your home. Or, even better, you might be able to work out a rental situation so you don’t have to move until after the Holidays.
- Realtors® at DixonPacifica Real Estate are working during the holidays! We are WORKING during the holidays. Many buyers and sellers are purchasing during this time of year, so we make ourselves available.
Asheville/Buncombe County Market Update
As you can see below, Price ranges up to $300,000 are at or near market balance between buyers and sellers! It has been a while since we have said that. You will also notice that home values have been improving over the last year with a 12% improvement in Buncombe County and a 3.4% improvement region wide. We should continue to see a modest improvement over the next 12 months being led by Buncombe County.
What You Get for $475,000 Around Asheville
11 WHITE ASH DRIVE Asheville 28803
What: A four bedroom two bathroom and two half bath home.
How Much: $482,500.00
Size: 2595 sq.ft.
Setting: Located in Biltmore Park in South Asheville.
Indoor/Outdoor Space: Home has the master bedroom on the main floor. Home features Hardwood floors and a granite kitchen with a private back yard.
92 Saint Dunstans Circle Asheville, NC 28803
What: a four bedroom three bath home.
How Much: $475,000
Setting: Kenilworth Neighborhood
Indoor/Outdoor Space: Home offers 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. Home features absolute Granite Counter Tops, a Sub Zero Refrigerator, a Formal Dining Room, 10 foot Ceilings, a new architectural shingle roof, high efficiency heat pumps and furnace. Icynene insulation, tankless water heater and CPI security system.
11 Cedar Bluff Ct. Candler 28715
What: Four bedroom three and a half bath house.
How Much: $478,000
Setting: Candler- long range views and open space.
Indoor/Outdoor Space: This home is a Frank Betz custom built home that features two fireplaces, oak floors, granite counter-tops, vaulted ceilings, gas range, tiled baths, and the master on the main floor. The gourmet kitchen overlooks the keeping room with a fireplace & screened porch. Home also features an unfinished basement with a workshop.
Asheville Area Housing Data
June 12, 2013.
All data taken from WNCRMLS.
Excerpt taken from biltmorepark.com:
Life at Biltmore Park Town Square combines urban pleasures with the joys of the outdoors. Nature trails, abundant green spaces and spectacular views of the Blue Ridge Mountains let you connect with Asheville’s great natural beauty. With the options of renting an apartment or purchasing a flat or townhome-style condo you’ll enjoy the conveniences of a location in a bustling city center. Step outside your door, and it’s only a short stroll to the gym, a morning latte at Barnes & Noble or a relaxing dinner at our many restaurants. To learn more about Biltmore Park visit biltmorepark.com.
PRICE- Search for Properties