Top 10 Reasons To Sell During The Holidays
- Fewer homes on the market = Less Competition– Many home sellers like to wait until the “hot” selling season to put their home on the market. In Asheville, like most places, the big selling season is in early spring. But why not get a jump on the competition? When housing inventory is low, buyers will appreciate a home that is competitively priced and in tip-top showing condition.
- Holiday buyers are serious buyers! You will waste less time showing your home to unqualified buyers, because buyers who look during the Holidays are serious about buying!
- Most people, including buyers, are happier during this time of year. Happy home buyers who need to move are attracted to homes that are warmly decorated and inviting.
- Holiday decorations will increase curb appeal. Many Asheville neighborhoods decorate and light up their entrances and their homes during the holidays.
- Your home may look its best during this time of the year. The Holiday smells & decorations of your home might invoke warm fuzzy feelings for a potential buyer.
- Some buyers may prefer to buy for tax reasons before the year ends!
- More time off to look at homes! Home buyers may be able to take a little more time off during the holidays to look at homes.
- Become a non-contingent buyer! If you sell your home during the holidays, you will be a non-contingent buyer – when it comes time to buy your next home! Few things hurt a home buyer’s bargaining power more than being a contingent buyer – meaning you must sell your current home in order to buy your next home.
- You are in control! If you are worried about selling during the holidays because you don’t want to move out of your house before the Holidays are over, you don’t have to. You are in control! If you don’t like the terms of an offer, you don’t have to sell your home. Or, even better, you might be able to work out a rental situation so you don’t have to move until after the Holidays.
- Realtors® at DixonPacifica Real Estate are working during the holidays! We are WORKING during the holidays. Many buyers and sellers are purchasing during this time of year, so we make ourselves available.
Just Listed! Bob Timberlake Signature Home in Biltmore Lake
635 Wickhams Fancy Biltmore Lake, NC 28715 $995,000
5 Bedrooms 4 Baths 2 Half Baths
5000-6000 Sq Ft.
-One of the finest examples of mountain-craftsman luxury living in Asheville. Owner spent over a year restoring this Bob Timberlake signature show home to it’s original glory. Impeccable details. Solid wood interior/exterior doors, trim & garage doors. Copper gutters & downspouts. Master on main. Finished lower level has game room, two bedrooms, craft room, workshop & walk-out patio. Biltmore Lake features lake, trails, parks, courts & more. Call Tad Dixon Today to see this home.
Asheville/Buncombe County Market Update
As you can see below, Price ranges up to $300,000 are at or near market balance between buyers and sellers! It has been a while since we have said that. You will also notice that home values have been improving over the last year with a 12% improvement in Buncombe County and a 3.4% improvement region wide. We should continue to see a modest improvement over the next 12 months being led by Buncombe County.
Asheville Area Housing Data
June 12, 2013.
All data taken from WNCRMLS.
Excerpt taken from biltmorelake.com:
With 62-acres at your back door, it’s easy to see why it is tempting for Biltmore Lake residents to stay home on the weekends. Biltmore Lake is a welcome escape from an increasingly hectic world, with its picturesque lake reflecting the encompassing Blue Ridge Mountains in Asheville, NC.
Residents of Biltmore Lake enjoy many amenities, such as miles of trails, campsites, fishing, non-motorized boating, and playgrounds, along with tennis and basketball courts. A short walk makes chance encounters with neighbors and friends the norm, not the exception.
Biltmore Lake is the premier lakeside location for homes, townhomes and Asheville area real estate. With many options to purchase a home/lot package through our Cottage Collection, own a townhome in Rock Fish Cove or build a home in our Cedar Rock neighborhood, you’ll find a community elegant in it simplicity yet rich in detail, quality and craftsmanship.
PRICE- Search for Properties