Top 10 Reasons To Sell During The Holidays
- Fewer homes on the market = Less Competition– Many home sellers like to wait until the “hot” selling season to put their home on the market. In Asheville, like most places, the big selling season is in early spring. But why not get a jump on the competition? When housing inventory is low, buyers will appreciate a home that is competitively priced and in tip-top showing condition.
- Holiday buyers are serious buyers! You will waste less time showing your home to unqualified buyers, because buyers who look during the Holidays are serious about buying!
- Most people, including buyers, are happier during this time of year. Happy home buyers who need to move are attracted to homes that are warmly decorated and inviting.
- Holiday decorations will increase curb appeal. Many Asheville neighborhoods decorate and light up their entrances and their homes during the holidays.
- Your home may look its best during this time of the year. The Holiday smells & decorations of your home might invoke warm fuzzy feelings for a potential buyer.
- Some buyers may prefer to buy for tax reasons before the year ends!
- More time off to look at homes! Home buyers may be able to take a little more time off during the holidays to look at homes.
- Become a non-contingent buyer! If you sell your home during the holidays, you will be a non-contingent buyer – when it comes time to buy your next home! Few things hurt a home buyer’s bargaining power more than being a contingent buyer – meaning you must sell your current home in order to buy your next home.
- You are in control! If you are worried about selling during the holidays because you don’t want to move out of your house before the Holidays are over, you don’t have to. You are in control! If you don’t like the terms of an offer, you don’t have to sell your home. Or, even better, you might be able to work out a rental situation so you don’t have to move until after the Holidays.
- Realtors® at DixonPacifica Real Estate are working during the holidays! We are WORKING during the holidays. Many buyers and sellers are purchasing during this time of year, so we make ourselves available.
Asheville/Buncombe County Market Update
As you can see below, Price ranges up to $300,000 are at or near market balance between buyers and sellers! It has been a while since we have said that. You will also notice that home values have been improving over the last year with a 12% improvement in Buncombe County and a 3.4% improvement region wide. We should continue to see a modest improvement over the next 12 months being led by Buncombe County.
Asheville Area Housing Data
June 12, 2013.
All data taken from WNCRMLS.
Biltmore Forest is a planned residential community with a rich cultural history. The Town was planned by Mr. C.D. Beadle who had been associated with the firm of Frederick Law Olmsted of Boston, planned the protection, preservation, and perfection of the natural beauty of the area that is now known as Biltmore Forest. Mr. Frederick Law Olmsted, the Father of Landscape Architecture, planned his landscape to preserve the beauty of the natural environment and attempted to create a rural atmosphere although his designs were often located in cities. He was involved in the design of New York’s Central Park, the U.S. Capitol grounds in Washington, and the grounds of the Biltmore Estate.
In 1916, there was a substantial flood in Asheville, North Carolina that caused significant damage to portions of the Biltmore Estate. The affected land was sold to lessen the upkeep and tax burden on The Biltmore Company. The town of Biltmore Forest was chartered in 1923. The first houses were built on White Oak Road.
Biltmore Forest is one of south Asheville’s oldest and finest golf course communities featuring a Donald Ross designed 18 hole golf course and of course the prestigious Biltmore Forest Country Club.
With beautiful streetlights and thickly wooded lots, Biltmore Forest is one of the wealthiest towns in the country. Biltmore Forest is home to some of the largest estates and is one of the most desirable areas to live. Biltmore Forest Real Estate ranges on average between $300,000 to $6,000,000.
Click here if you would like to look at homes in Biltmore Forest.
PRICE- Search for Properties